nanogui: mouse acceleration, and portrait mode

Subject: Re: [nanogui] mouse acceleration, and portrait mode
From: ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jul 2002 15:59:51 -0000

Hi,

(My earlier message bounced - resending)

Alex Holden wrote:
> Greg Haerr wrote:
> > Gary wrote his own, I think.  Alex - what would it take for me
> > to get setup using the gtkdoc stuff, so I can keep the docs updated
> > automatically?
>
> You need to install gtk-doc and whatever it depends on, as well as
> either docbook2pdf, ps2pdf, or pdftex (each has its own problems), then
> debug it all until it works. Each time I've done it I've spent anywhere
> between 2 days and 2 hours persuading it all to work (different reasons
> each time, but Jade seems to cause the most problems). Since I recently
> reinstalled my system I haven't got around to getting it working again
> yet. To be honest I'd like to move to another automatic documentation
> system that has similar capabilities but without all the hassle (I'd
> want to be able to convert the existing function descriptions to the new
> format rather than rewrite them of course). A nice bonus would be if the
> same system provided an easy way to document data structures (in
> particular the event structures) as well as the API functions.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to a better system?

I use Doxygen (www.doxygen.org).

The main reason I like Doxygen is that it just works - it produces HTML
natively, no need to mess around with XML or TeX.  Of course, it can
output to LaTeX if you want PostScript or PDF output, for printing.  It's
GPL'd, and binaries are available for Linux, Windows, and many other
platforms.

Doxygen also lets you document structs and variables.  e.g.:

/**
 * @file This file contains some Doxygen examples.
 */

/**
 * Holds the co-ordinates of a point, and a color.
 */
struct point_t {
   int x; /**< X co-ordinate on screen. */
   int y; /**< Y co-ordinate on screen. */

   /**
    * Color to draw.  This comment style is better for
    * longer descriptions.
    *
    * -1 for default color.
    */
   color_t color;
};

/**
 * Default color.
 */
extern color_t  default_color;

/**
 * Draws a point.  Paramaters are specified as a point_t.
 * (point_t will automatically become a hyperlink in the
 * HTML documentation.)
 *
 * @param myPoint The point to draw.
 * @return nonzero on success, zero on error.
 */
extern int drawPoint(point_t *myPoint);

I prefer the JavaDoc style of formatting, which is consistent with
Java.  Doxygen also supports a LaTeX style of formatting using
\command rather than @command.

Kind regards,

Jon Foster