nanogui: limit the number of GrMoveWindow() calls!

Subject: Re: [nanogui] limit the number of GrMoveWindow() calls!
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 6 Aug 2002 11:53:16 -0000

wang wrote:
>   Yes, alex when I use the new code and drag nxterm ,it have a
> faster speed ,but when you open a viewml window and drag it ,
> you will find it still very slow .why ? because the radraw of

viewml must just be slow to redraw the window. The same will happen with
mwin apps that are slow at redrawing the window.

>  But your suggestion take me a good idea, you know every time
> when we call Grmovewindow() we should "creat ,copy,copy,destroy,expose",
> and when we are dragging it will call Grmovewindow() many many times,
> so why don't we bypass the first "creat,copy "and "destroy",just
> at first time we call Grmovewindow we do "creat,copy",and keep
> it in memory till the button be released,so at sequent call we
> just need to do "copy,expose",this should even faster then the
> method we  implement in mwin.

I don't see a clean way to fit that into the Nano-X API, or how to deal
with the possibility of the window being drawn to whilst it's being dragged.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer