nanogui: set a timer when move the window!

Subject: Re: [nanogui] set a timer when move the window!
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 20 Aug 2002 09:28:26 -0000

wang wrote:

>Alex wrote:
>

>>Send it to me as a context diff and I'll take a look at it.
>>
>Yep.
>1.In nanowm.h add :

That's not a diff. You should use the diff tool to generate it for you,
so that I can then use the patch tool to apply it to my tree (after
reading it first). Actually I just realised it's a unified diff I want
not a context diff.

To do this, you will need two source trees. One pristine, unmodified
one, and one that has your changes in it and nothing else (do a "make
clean" and get rid of any temporary files you've made). Then go into the
directory below these two and run:
diff -urN clean_three modified_tree > mypatch.diff
Replace clean_tree and modified_tree with the names of the two
directories the trees are in. Give the output file a name which
describes what the patch does. The diff extension isn't important but I
find it helpful to remind me what it is. -urN tells it to use the
unified diff format, to recurse through the directory trees (as opposed
to diffing a single file), and to include new files in the output.

After generating the patch you should look through it and remove any
files that have ended up in there that you didn't want to include in the
patch. Be careful not to corrupt the format of any of the other patches.
It's sometimes a good idea to try applying the patch file to a copy of
the clean source tree yourself to make sure it applies cleanly. If the
resulting patch file is large you should gzip it or bzip2 it before
sending it to someone.

To apply the patch, go into the first directory of the clean source
tree, and run patch -p1 < mypatch.diff
The -p1 tells it to strip off the first component of the directory names
in the patch. By doing that, you don't have to make sure the name of the
directory tree is the same as that the person who created the patch used.

The diffstat tool is used to generate a histogram showing which files
are modified by a patch and by how much.

There are some other diff related tools available from here:
http://kernelnewbies.org/scripts/