nanogui: Chinese support problem for microwindows !

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Chinese support problem for microwindows !
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Oct 2002 16:36:32 -0000

> 1.What's the difference between the HAVE_HZK_SUPPORT and HAVE_BIG5_SUPPORT
?

HZK compiles in support for a loadable font in fonts/chinese,
while BIG5 compiles in support for a fixed builtin font.  Also,
BIG5/HZK use different double-byte encodings.

> 2.When I set HAVE_HZK_SUPPORT=Y, HAVE_BIG5=Y and HAVE_GB2312_SUPPOR=Y
I got the following error message when compiling:
.......(skip)
Compiling genfont.c ...
gcc -c   -DMWPIXEL_FORMAT=MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888 -DHAVE_FILEIO
-DHAVE_HZK_SUPPORT=1
genfont.c: In function `gen_gettextbits':
genfont.c:206: parse error before `int'
make[1]: *** [genfont.o] Error 1

I think the problem is that you can only have one of the above
options used, since they try to compile in different
double-byte encoding schemes (in genfont.c.).  You
Each option was contributed by a different person, and
they don't work together.  I have a new plan to allow
multiple encoding support to be compiled in, and
use the MWTF_xxx flags to specify the decoding in
GrText, but I haven't done that yet.

Take a look at the code in engine/devfont.c for
more details, as well as fonts/chinese directory.

but when I turn off the HAVE_BIG5_SUPPORT option, the microwindows can be
build.
  Anyone knows what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.