nanogui: nxrwin can't work in 8 bit mode

Subject: nxrwin can't work in 8 bit mode
From: ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2002 10:47:47 -0000

Hi, all. I find nxrwin can't work when microwin screen driver works in 8bit
mode(for example 332 color). The version of microwin I using is 0.89pre8,
and nxrwin is 1.5.0.
I trace the code, and find that a macro Ctrans(defined in nwin.c: "#define
Ctrans(col) (((GR_PALETTE*)colmap)->palette[col])") will access a global
variable colmap, but this variable will not be initialized when microwin
works in 8 bit mode.
When microwin works in 8 bit mode, nxrwin will set the global variable
depth to 8, otherwise to 32. According to the depth, function
ui_create_colourmap, ui_destroy_colourmap, ui_set_colourmap will invoke the
corresponding child function, for example, ui_create_create_colourmap8 for
ui_create_colourmap. But when depth is 8, the child function don't do
anything. So I modify these functions, so they will call the corresponding
XXXXX16 function in spite of the depth.

Unfortunately, nxrwin can't work yet, can anyone help?

regards,
sunjy