nanogui: Shifted, mirrored pixels

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Shifted, mirrored pixels
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2002 20:07:15 -0000

:  i have some problems using microwindows and nano-X.
: I´m using a 4 bit per pixel display on a pxa prozessor system (Accelent
: IDP). When
: I run my nano-X application the contrast of the screen is  correct. You can
: see the image and the text what is written, but everything is somehow
: shifted and mirrored, and shifted against each other. I have running the
: framebuffer before starting the application. What could be the reason? Is it
: a problem with microwindows or with the framebuffer? What can I do against
: it?

The problem is likely that the Microwindows fb driver doesn't match
the required pixel layout required by the framebuffer.  You might try one
of the drivers/fblin4*.c alternate 4bpp drivers.  Otherwise, the kernel
fb driver may be reporting the wrong # lines or pitch.