nanogui: How to set the position of the window

Subject: Re: [nanogui] How to set the position of the window
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2003 08:41:57 -0000

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 04:12, XiongFeng wrote:
>    I am a newbie of microwindows. Now I want to create a windows and set the initial position of the windows. I have written a simple program. It is OK and can set the position of the windows when I just run Nano-X, but after I run the nanowm the initial position of the windows can't be controlled. Its initial position is random.
>     I set the position of the windows using the x&y parameter of the GrNewWindow function.
>     Anybody know how to resolve it. Thanks.

Set the GR_WM_PROPS_NOAUTOMOVE either by including it in the first
argument of GrNewWindowEx() or by calling GrSetWMProperties() on the
window id that GrNewWindow() returns (before you map the window).

There are some demos in src/demos/nanox/ which demonstrate both methods
of setting the GR_WM_PROPS_ flags, and the flags are all listed in
include/nano-X.h (some may not be implemented by nanowm though).

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer