nanogui: Doubts regarding Alpha Blending

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Doubts regarding Alpha Blending
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2003 12:17:31 -0000

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 11:33, ####@####.#### wrote:
> Alex's patch is more restricted, but it has the advantage of working now
> with (almost?) all display targets.  Alex's patch supports drawing images
> with a constant alpha or with an alpha map.  The nxbreaker demo uses this
> to draw images that are semi-transparent and fade out at the edges.  AFAICS,
> it doesn't support drawing graphics primitives (lines, shapes) with alpha.

Actually, my code supports blending of any window or pixmap to any other
window or pixmap. The pixmap or window content doesn't have to be loaded
from an image file. You can blend anything you want by drawing it to an
offscreen pixmap and then blending the pixmap to the screen. IIRC the
nxbreaker demo does something like that with the score text at the top
of the screen.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer