nanogui: Drawing to background pixmap

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Drawing to background pixmap
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 25 May 2004 19:46:18 +0100

Alex Holden wrote:

> tj wrote:
>
>> So, after the first timeGrSetBackgroundPixmap() is called it is set
>> in stone and you can not modify it?
>

> IIRC you have to do something which generates an expose event on the
> window for its background to be redrawn.
>
> Does the problem you're having only occur with text? Perhaps something
> in the text drawing engine is clipping based on the bounding boxes of
> the windows above it rather than their complex region arrays (that's
> just a guess- I haven't worked on Microwindows myself for quite a long
> time now).

That's the problem. It is nano-X that redraws the background whenever
the window is created or uncovered. You draw the foreground from expose
event. So, how do you force the background to redraw from the app?

Even better how do you get the foreground of the overlayed window to
show through the transparent region of a non-rectangular window? The I
wouldn't have do the kluge of doing it the background.

tj