nanogui: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates

Subject: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates
From: "vishal" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jun 2004 10:13:26 +0100

Hi All,
   I am running the Nano-X server on a board with the analog devices blackfin 531 processor, running at 75 MHz. I am using the vnc client application in conjunction with the Nano-X server. I have managed to port the Nano-X server  / VNC client to the new board, and have managed to run the two without any problems in working.
   However,we have been seeing extremely poor performance, in updating the screen with respect to the VNC server. Hence, we were trying to figure out if there is any way in which we could better the performance.  In these regards i have a couple of questions.
   Has anyone used Nano-X VNC on a processor running at 75 MHz ?
   what has been the performance you have observed?
   Does anybody have any benchmarks for running Nano-X smoothly....i mean the kind of preocessing power required..or is 75MHz sufficient?
   I would loike to know if there is something that  could be done inside Nano-X to optimise it futher, or whether it could be a limitation of our hardware itself.

   I have also been asked to look at alternative options to Nano-X, specifically directfb with a directfb vnc client. How does nano-X compete with programs of a similar nature?  I would really appreciate it if anyone would suggest any ideas.
"Is nano-X scalable enough to be run on a 75MHz processor to get substantially good performance on using VNC?"

  Any help /comments  will be greatly appreciated!! Waiting for your replies in anticipation (desperation is a closer term actually!!)

thanks a lot!!
regards,
Vishal