nanogui: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Re: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates
From: "vishal" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jun 2004 10:01:20 +0100

Hi Aaron,
   Thanks a lot for the reply.
   I have been profiling the functions called inside nano-X / VNC. It was
seen that the select() system call was taking an usually long time & also
was being called some 11,400 times for every update. I managed to get the
number of select() invocations, and the updates begun happenning 1.5 secs
faster.
   Also, I was wondering if the transfer of pixel data from the vnc client
to the Nano-X server could have a signinficant impact on the speed of
execution? Thats where the idea of using a direct-to-framebuffer-vnc somes
into the question, since unix sockets traditionally take quite some time.
    Actually we are using the Epson S1D13505 on our blackfin board too!. :-)
so i guess you can help me out when i ask you about the best h/w setup for
this chip for use at 640x480, 16bpp. dont have the exact h/w details abt
that tho.
    back to the optimisation, could yu suggest some possible places in
Nano-X which i might have to give special attention for optimising?
 regards,
vishal