nanogui: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Re: Nano-X running on BF531 uClinux board: extermely slow updates
From: "vishal" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jun 2004 07:36:28 +0100

> :    2. Allow screen updates to be done directly from within the VNC
client.
> :                 - The VNC client recieves pixel info from the server.
The
> : majority of the data written into the socket from the VNC client to the
> : Nano-X server is Pixel information. If instead i can  cut down on this
> : transfer and have a frame buffer driver inside the VNC which would write
the
> : pixel data directly.....We would eliminate a huge time that is taken by
the
> : sockets.
>
> Aaron has indicated most of the time is in the socket code.  I don't
> think this is just in the bulk data transfer.  In any case, if you
> want to use direct screen drawing, look at nanox/clientfb.c.  Note
> that your screen MUST match the incoming data format or you'll
> have to convert it all yourself.  (big task)

   hmm.. I have been using  Version 0.89pre7 that comes with the BF531
uCLinux distibution that i use.
   I am trying to get the microwindwos-0.90 running in BF531 uClinux and am
running into some toolchain
 issues (same old optimisation problems and blah!)
   :-)
  Hopefully i shud have a working version soon.

> :       again, i am not very well versed with the Nano-X architecture,
>
> Read the Architecture doc on the web site.

  i am on it...:-)

thanks!!
Vishal