nanogui: Mouse Button (Touchscreen) detect time

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Mouse Button (Touchscreen) detect time
From: "Krupnick, Michael [ETHUS]" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jul 2004 16:36:47 +0100

	I've noticed a weird anomoly and am trying to figure out if it
occurs because of the way my program is created, or something with nano-X
itself, i wonder if we are experiencing the same thing.  When I run my
program and click anywhere on a window I have opened (NORAISE and NOFOCUS
for properties and then I map it) I get 2 messages (nana-X: implicit grab on
window # and nana-X: implicit ungrab on window #).  on top of my main window
I created input only windows for buttons (GrNewInputWindow with an event
mask of only BUTTON_DOWN then I map it).  When I run the program and click
on the buttons sometimes it will only generate the first message (grab)
until I move the mouse location (or touch a different point on the screen)
if I select the same button a second time in the same location then the
ungrab message appears.  the other way that I've noticed in testing that the
ungrab message will appear is when you move the mouse (I use a mouse on my
pc for testing).  Not sure what is occurring here but it seems the initial
grab is what sends the BUTTON_DOWN event and the ungrab will not and hence
whatever I have set up to do when a BUTTON_DOWN event occurs will not run.
The other thing I have noticed is the grab and ungrabs are all from the same
window_id which I assume means the parent window.  Anyone experiencing
similar problems or found a way around this.  I am doing something
horrifically wrong?  Anyway this whole ordeal makes touchscreen pushes only
register some of the time.

-Michael