nanogui: nxlib and 8bpp palette display

Subject: nxlib and 8bpp palette display
From: Hinko Kocevar ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2004 21:50:30 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to run FLTK app on mw-0.90 + nxlib-0.45. My ARM patform is
running linux with 8bpp and palette fb. With nxlib colors are not shown
correctly using nanoX compiled with MWPF_PALETTE.

I've been studying nxlib code and came up with some conclusions and
questions.

a) Current implementation of nxlib does not support palettized colors
since we are setting class of visual to TrueColor

b) If one would like to enable palettized colors what files need
modifications besides AllocColor.c, Colormap.c and OpenDis.c ?

c) If using palette does that mean I have to update palette for every
window on screen or does each window have its own palette ?

d) I assume same applies for displaying images.

regards,

Hinko Kocevar, developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]