nanogui: How-to search the list archives?

From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2004 10:39:40 +0100

Lars Törnkvist wrote:
> Being a newcomer to Microwindows I find the activity on this list very
> encouraging and the mails informative. So I've tried to use the search
> engine for the mailing list archive, using a link on the mailing list
> homepage www.linuxhacker.org/nanogui/. The link is
> www.linuxhacker.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi. All I get is a 404 page not found
> result.

I've tried several times to get a usable search engine working again on
the list archives but run into many problems with them getting stuck in
infinite loops, indexing several versions of each message, only indexing
the top level, indexing the index pages but not the messages themselves,
etc. Luckily though, Google in its infinite wisdom has finally deigned
to index the list archives, so now the official way to search the list
archives is to do a Google search including the terms
site:www.linuxhacker.org and nanogui.

> Is the link incorrect or am I missing something?

I'll replace the link with a Google search box.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer