nanogui: learning microwindows

Subject: learning microwindows
From: "tian tao" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Aug 2004 10:23:36 +0100

Hi all,
  I am new to microwindows. I hope to learn how the nano-x client/server
model works. Is there any detailed resource about it? I checked it with
google, and just find some general introduction about it. I hope to discuss
some question with you in this mailinglist. As a newbie to microwindows, I
may ask some stupid question, hope you can forgive me.
  A general process of the c/s model of microwindows in my understanding is
that: the server running nano-x server, handle the request of client and
use the graphics core to process it and use the drivers to show it out on
the server. the application runs on client, the client produce the require
structure of the function of application, and send the requires to the
server.
  Can anyone tell me my understanding is wrong or right, thank you! and
then i hope to deep into the working of microwindows c/s model.
  My english is so poor, thank you for reading and hope your response.
                       TianTao from China