nanogui: Licensing summary

Subject: Licensing summary
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 00:41:59 -0000

Let me try to summarize what we need in a graphics system license:

	1. We _must_ have:
		a. The ability to have private, proprietary drivers to be used (NDA's,
and other commercial non-control issues)

		b. The ability to work with, communicate with, and be linked with,
private, proprietary applications. (commercial software shops use our engine with
their application; they'll never go open source, but still want/choose our engine)

	2. We _would_like_to_have:
		a. All modifications to original files, whether they're enhancements
or bug fixes.  It'd be nice to have them back, but not required.

		b. A community desiring to better the project as a whole,
by sending contributions to be included in the whole, whether they're original
work, new drivers, or whatever.

	3. We _must_not_have:
		a. The ability to use the graphics engine, lock stock and barrel,
for whatever purposes are desired????  [It is this 3a that I can't quite come to
grips with]

please debate