nanogui: Applications for nano-X

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Applications for nano-X
From: Hinko Kocevar ####@####.####
Date: 22 Sep 2004 12:54:08 +0100

tian tao wrote:
> Hi,
>   With the people's kind help here, I have set up the microwindows
> successful. Now I hope to try some applications for the nano-X. I found
> the demos in the microwindows's tarball very interesting. And I hope to
> get more nano-X applications to expand the using, like video playing,
> games or browsers. Is there any application resources except the demo in
> the tarball? Thank you very much:)
>        TianTao

If you use nxlib on top of nano-X you can use any Xlib
based app out there without modifications. This is probably
not true for large and complex apps. It also makes use of
X compatible widget set eg. FLTK feasible. That being said
you can also run all demos in FLTK toolkit on top of nano-X.
Coding your FLTK app for nano-X is the same as for Xlib -
all you have to do is use nxlib instead of Xlib at compile and
run time on target where nano-X is running.

For browser - I belive pixil includes viewML embedded web
browser. There are also some MPEG video players out there
that are CLI based but implement basic GUI on top of them (see
google.com).

regards,

Hinko Kocevar, developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]