nanogui: Architecture secletion

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Architecture secletion
From: "Finn S. Nielsen" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2004 01:29:19 +0000

Hi Greg,

---- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
To: "Finn S. Nielsen" ####@####.####
Cc: ####@####.####
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 2:02 AM

<snip>

> You might try some old-fashioned printf() debugging, wrap the
> LoadGIF function with printfs(), then you can see whether its dying
> during the GIF decode, or perhaps at the later display stage
> (both these functions are handled in devimage.c)
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

I've been debugging what happens when using nxview. Here's some output:

nxview /usr/logo.gif
HandleClient GrOpen
Going to call GrLoadImageFromFile
Calling AllocReqExtra
going to memcpy
calling GrTypedReadBlock
entering GrReadBlock
HandleClient GrLoadImageFromFile
GrLoadImageFromFileWrapper entered
calling GdLoadImageFromFile
GdLoadImageFromFile: opened file /usr/logo.gif OK
malloced OK
LoadGIF called

The nxview program calls GrLoadImageFromFile, which ends up in the server
and it calling LoadGIF.
It seems it never returns from there - at least the call to
GrLoadImageFromFile does not return, as I have put some debug messages after
that call.
I'll have to debug further tomorrow to see what's going on in LoadGif and
locate where it dies.
Interesting anyway to discover a little bit about the structure of nano-x
;-)
Regards,

Finn S. Nielsen
Denmark