nanogui: Inter process communication in Microwindows (nano-x)

Subject: Inter process communication in Microwindows (nano-x)
From: Tpampu TRAINEE5 ####@####.####
Date: 24 Mar 2005 05:59:49 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am using Nano-x (Microwindows UI) for my application. I am running the UI as a thread in my application. And i need to inform the main thread on completion of some event, so that the main thread can update the UI based on the message we passed, or take some action regarding the same.
What i found out is that we are waiting for the Event using the routine GrGetNextEvent, which gives us the event which occured. Can i register any event of mine may be if i can use a socket descriptor for the same, so that it keeps on waiting for the event using the same routine (GrGetNextEvent) and as soon as the event occurs or there is anything to recievr from socket, we are notified of it. And also, kindly tell what kind of ipc mechanism is used in the source file client.c which is provided with the source code of nano-x.

Any help rendered would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Vijay G