nanogui: Microwindows cleanups .... some ideas

Subject: Microwindows cleanups .... some ideas
From: alain volmat ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2005 15:46:35 +0100

Hi All,

some ideas I'm thinking about and would like to do for
microwindows:
- the basic idea is to avoid compiling something that
a target will for sure never use. In practice, when
compiling nanox for an ipaq only compiling the FB
support with the only necessary format used by ipaq
(by default everything, 8,16,24,32,32 alpha are all
compiled). By only compiling 1 format instead of all
we can have a signifiant reduction of the nanoX
binary. I already got a patch for that but I'm now
waiting for the subversion tree (which version will
you put as start point ? 0.90 or current greg snapshot
?
http://www.linuxhacker.org/pub/cvs-snapshots/microwin-greg/

- another one would be much simpler. A bit of source
file reorganisation and configuration framework (make
menuconfig ? ). I think there are now more and more
things in several folders (like /drivers) and it would
help if we could separate drivers from each others ...
for example there are so many mouse and keyboard
drivers, they could be moved into drivers/mouse
drivers/keyboard ... for example ...
as far as the configuration framework ... well ...
something similar to the usual make menuconfig would
be great ?

ok I'll stop for today, what do you think ?
Is it worth to make patch for that or just nobody is
interested in that ?

Alain