nanogui: updated source available

Subject: Re: [nanogui] updated source available
From: alain volmat ####@####.####
Date: 26 Apr 2005 08:23:24 +0100

Hi Greg,

> I will update the home page shortly,

this is really a not important request but since you
are going to update the homepage, could you remove (or
maybe move to another page) the detailed changelog of
each release. I don't think such information is needed
on the main page and it would avoid to loading more
than 140K for the main page.

> and would like to release the current CVS as version
> 0.91.   Is anybody willing to try the
> newer make system beforehand?  I would like to hear
> comments.

it works :D .. (I'm not sure that's exactly the kind
of comment you are really expecting). I've tried the
config.x11 and another configuration derivated from
config.x11.
By the way, the Object Framework (mwin/mobject)
doesn't compile (don't know if it was the same before
since I have almost always been using nanox instead of
mwin).

More general comment about the this 'new' make system
is that ... well to me it seems quite similar to the
previous one. Well of course it has some new features
like the possibility to compile in different directory
(as discussed recently on the ML) and also lots of
things from Makefile have been moved to Objects.rules
and some other files ... but ... as discussed recently
I would prefer having a kconfig like make system. It
would allow to have clean/simple makefile, avoid
things like
  ifeq ....
  CFLAGS := ...
  endif
since we can automatically create the include file
based on the configuration  (like /include/autoconf.h
for the kernel) and some other interesting things ...
anyway that's a bit out of topic right now since it is
a project for future versions.

alain