nanogui: Project's activity reaching 0% ?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Project's activity reaching 0% ?
From: Alain Volmat ####@####.####
Date: 14 May 2005 03:50:35 +0100

Greg,

I share the same opinion with Adrien (I think you already know that).
Based on few emails exchange I had with you recently I think that
you still have interest in Nano-X, but basically don't have the
time anymore to maintain it.

I like this project, have been a user during the last several years
and for that reason don't want to let it just disappear like now.
Actually I don't really know how many user still share the same
opinion with me but at least I know there are some.

Currenly you own everything, you are the only one to be able to
update the homepage, release a tarball (FTP) and have permission
to the CVS (well this point was discussed last month on the ML),
and if you don't have time for the project, basically everybody get
stopped.

Since this project is open-source, it would of course be possible
to just fork it and continue separately, but it wouldn't be really
efficient if both project continue in parallel. Still, if Nano-X
just remain dying the way it is now, maybe there will be no other way
to do but create a fork.
Maybe we could put the homepage, ftp server on some other servers
(where some other members can have account) so that you could delegate
parts of your maintainer work. Also maybe you could make a tarball of all
existing patches for 0.92 so that there would be a community work to
prepare the 0.92 release. (I think updating all those patches to make
them work with 0.91 is a lot of work for 1 person).

Sincerely,

Alain

* adrien.constancin [Fri, 13 May 2005 at 03:56 +0200]
<quote>