nanogui: NXLIB with Nano-X in "linked-in" (non-client/server) mode?

Subject: NXLIB with Nano-X in "linked-in" (non-client/server) mode?
From: "Paul Bartholomew" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jun 2005 15:57:37 +0100

Hello -

I've got microwindows-0.90 "sort-of" running in a custom embedded
environment (simple port: just modified the frame buffer output code).
Several Microwindows demo apps run (although I haven't hooked-in any
'events', so they just show the windows on the screen - no kbd/mouse input).
  NOTE: I've only run the 'microwindows API' demo apps - not the Nano-X API
demos.

I'm now trying to get FLTK working, using the NXLIB layer.  This seems to
require the Nano-X API (as opposed to Microwindows API), so I'm just now
getting that (nanox) compiled.

From the "Microwindows Architecture" doc on the web site, under "4. Nano-X
API" ("4.1 Client/Server model"), it says:

"For speed and debugging, it is sometimes desirable to link the application
directly with the server.  In this case, a stub library is provided that
just passes the client routines parameters to the server function"

and:

"In the linked application scenario, the Nano-X client links directly with
the functions in nanox/srvfunc.c, and the nanox/client.c and nanox/srvnet.c
files are not required."

(I want to run in the linked-in mode, since I only have a single standalone
'application').

So, I've built a nanox lib using the following files:

  srvmain.c
  srvfunc.c
  srvutil.c
  srvevent.c
  srvclip.c
  nxdraw.c
  nxutil.c
  nxtransform.c

It compiles OK.

When I try to 'link' my FLTK application (using NXLIB), I get link errors
for:

  GrGetTypedEvent
  GrGetTypedEventPred
  GrQueueLength

I see that these are called from NXLIB (NextEvent.c).

I looked at the NanoX lib, and see that these functions are only defined in
"client.c", which I'm not using (since I'm trying to run in the 'linked-in'
mode).

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I suppose I could start bringing-in
these functions (and all the support functions they call in client.c), but
I'm worried that I'll run into problems (where I'll then have dependencies
on the 'client/server' model, instead of the 'linked-in' model.

Has anyone else ported these functions to work in the 'linked-in' model?

Thanks in advance,

- Paul B.