nanogui: Using FLTK with NXLib on ARM Platform

Subject: Using FLTK with NXLib on ARM Platform
From: Gil Glass ####@####.####
Date: 16 Aug 2005 16:39:37 +0100

Hello,

I am interested in incorporating some of the FLTK widgets in my current
project.  I have seen strong recommendations to use FLTK with the NXLib X
emulation library as opposed to using FLNX.  I have successfully
cross-compiled NXLib, both 0.44 and 0.45 (which one is recommended???) for
the ARM platform.  However, FLTK requires the X extension library,
libXext.so, that NXLib does not include even though I notice that it is
noted in the "TO DO" list.

Now I did notice a post from a few weeks ago where
####@####.#### talks about copying libXext.so from his X11
ARM build to his target.  Unfortunately, we don't have X11 on our target
-- hence the need for NXLib -- so we don't have libXext.so built for ARM.
Am I correct in thinking that I have to build the original libXext.so for
the ARM platform or is there a specific one that is designed to be
compatible with NXLib?

Thanks!

Gil Glass
Telecom Field Services