nanogui: Cross-compilation of microwindows

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Cross-compilation of microwindows
From: Peter Barada ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2005 21:42:16 +0100

>Based on my limited experience with cross-compiling, it looks like what
>you are doing should work.

Yeah, that change seems to work for me.

>With regard to the X11 headers, I'm assuming that your target is running X
>Window and you're not using NXLib.  If that's the case, then you should be
>able to use the X11 header files from your i686.  This is what I did when
>building FLTK (a widget library) and linking against NXLib.

I'm trying a pretty bizarre method.  I have:

On the target:
  Fluid application making X11 calls
  --> nxlib converting X11 calls into microwindows calls
    --> microwindows converting microwindows calls into nano-X calls
      --> nanox client code pushing nano-x calls over a socket

On the host:
  Nano-X server litening to the socket
  --> converting nano-X calls to X11.
    --> X11 server displaying results on host display.

This is so I can test cross-compilation on the target without having a
complete X11 implementation(cross-compiling X looks like a giant
pain; anyone have a cheat sheet?), but using the X11 on the host to
see the results.  Then after I see that working, I'll implement an LCD
driver for microwindows on the target and use that when I have working
hardware.

To compile the Fluid app, I had to steal the host X11 headers and put
them into the toolchain(hopefully that won't bite me, or will it?).

I'm trying to convince nano-x to not used the named socket since that
seems to only work for sockets on the target, and instead am trying to
us the AF_INET method in src/nano-X/client.c and srvnet so I can
specify NXDISPLAY.

Does anyone see any glaring holes in my approach?

--
Peter Barada