nanogui: Cross-compilation of microwindows

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Cross-compilation of microwindows
From: Peter Barada ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2005 21:22:58 +0100

>: I'm trying to convince nano-x to not used the named socket since that
>: seems to only work for sockets on the target, and instead am trying to
>: us the AF_INET method in src/nano-X/client.c and srvnet so I can
>: specify NXDISPLAY.
>
>This shouldn't be a problem, the reason this isn't already done is
>we didn't want to introduce the requirement of more than
>internal sockets for nano-X to run.

Well this is being a real problem.  I'm trying to convert to AF_INET
fo rhte sockets, and I'm running into a problem where the client
machine gets an -1 from connect with errno 113(EHOSTUNREACH), and I
don't know why.

I've tried twice, once from an embedded linux board, as well as from
another linux box, and the results are the same.

What makes it even stranger, is that the AF_INET method works if the client
is running on the same machine as the nano-X server.

On the server side, I noticed that the accept() call isn't made until
the select() returns an indication from the socket_fd that it has
acctivity(a.k.a. is requesting a connection).  I've poured over the
code in client.c and srvnet.c, and they both look right, as least as
far as I can tell.

Does anyone have an idea what's could be going wrong?

--
Peter Barada