nanogui: starting nano-X with null mouse-driver

Subject: starting nano-X with null mouse-driver
From: Stephan ####@####.####
Date: 25 Aug 2005 16:10:22 +0100

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to start nano-X with a null mouse driver even though it is compiled in?

I'm using nano-X for two cases on the same machine.
In one case i need a mouse in the other i do not want one.
In the first case i connect the mouse at /dev/ttyS0, then start nano-X and all works faultlessly. In the second case, apart from nano-X another application runs. This application needs the data from /dev/ttyS0, so i don't want nano-X reading from the interface. The two applications don't have to be active at the same time.

Because i'm really small of memory i want to build microwindows with dynamic loadable libraries. So compiling the applications with static microwindows is my last choice. Additionally i had to maintain 2 source trees.
Connecting the mouse on another device isn't possible, so I think my last chance is microwindows. I searched the code but don't find a possibility for starting nano-X without a driver which is compiled in. Are there other chances to tell microwindows don't open and read this device beside disabling the mouse while configuring?

regards,
Stephan