nanogui: need help on subdriver operation

Subject: Re: [nanogui] need help on subdriver operation
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2005 17:01:42 +0100

: I don't see in the code Text draw using Blit, it gets bitmap  for every
: charater int the string and callsl drawbitmap which inturn call low level
: driver drawpixel. I tried to trace the call to driver by putting debug
: print, it never called. Please let me know where exactly Blit is called.

The blit routine is called for some text subdrivers, check calls
to GdBlit in engine/devfont.c.  The builtin core text font
routines don't use blit, now that I think of it, they draw using
drawbitmap which is quite slow, but is not dependent on
a blit driver entry point.  You might be able to call GdBlit from
GdDrawBitmap,  to interface with your driver blit.

: My product needs faster text draw. Pixel draw takes lot of time. I was
: trying to bypass pixel draw and flush  the whole rectangle area of text
: drawn to framebuffer memory into display controller. when ever GrText is
: called.

Agreed.

: -Srini
:
: : I have a LCD module with 5/6/5 packed pixel mode. It does not have
: direct
: : access to its video ram. I have to fulush frame buffer content. When
: : should I flush the frame buffer contents to lcd controller? I tried with
:
: : ioctls which flushes line, pixel and rectangle from subdriver fblin16.c.
: You should likely flush just before the select() routine is called
: in nanox/srvmain.c.
: : It seems working, but it does not display any text data or images...
:
: Text data is displayed using the Blit driver function.  You'll
: need to have a flush routine handle that function as well.
:
: Regards,
:
: Greg