nanogui: Thread: question for the FAQ (vnc)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: question for the FAQ (vnc)
From: pehr anderson ####@####.####
Date: 25 Apr 1999 22:53:31 -0000

Dear nanogui folks,

I'd like to know how this project relates to the
VNC (virtual network computing) protocol
from ORL. VNC is interesting because
GPL'd implementations exsit for
many platforms already, and include network
support with a decent security model (or so
I've been told) scaling all the way down to the
palm pilot which has almost no resources,
yet also works for reasonably high-end applications.

It seems like nanogui is crying out to be VNC compatible.

This seems like a question many embedded & PDA
developers are likely  to have so I would really like to
see it addressed in the FAQ.

    pehr anderson
    developer, http://www.eink.com
    (we make a new kind of electronic display)

ps.
VNC information is available at:
http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/04/14/892543649.html
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html