nanogui: Thread: microwindows/nano-x updated for ELKS

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: microwindows/nano-x updated for ELKS
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jun 1999 16:33:51 -0000

The Micro-Windows ftp site has been updated with
recent patches for ELKS.  These fix some insidious
signed integer problems with the bcc compiler,
and include all the fixes from Al, the ELKS maintainer.

In addition, the Micro-Windows desktop wallpaper
pattern was changed (I removed the MS-Windows bitmap)
and substituted something else.

The latest Micro-Windows version is 0.81.  I suggest
you all look at it and give me comments.  I'm particularly
interested in 1) paint speed on slower systems.  2) operation
on truecolor systems with 24/32 bpp framebuffers.  3) 3d look
and feel of window manager.

ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/

contains the file microwindows-0.81.tar.gz

In addition, I have posted my these changes to my latest version of nano-X,
known as version nano-X-0.61gh.  I am sending this file to Alex Holden
today, and he will include it in the nanoGUI project.

Greg

> The Micro-Windows ftp site has been updated with

Any screen-shots available? I'm curious to see how it looks like :)

Angel

: > The Micro-Windows ftp site has been updated with
:
: Any screen-shots available? I'm curious to see how it looks like :)
:
: Angel
:
	That's a great idea.  How can I get a screenshot of a linux framebuffer
system?

Greg

> 	That's a great idea.  How can I get a screenshot of a
> linux framebuffer system?

`cat /dev/fb0 > /tmp/screen`

you can display it by `cat /tmp/screen > /dev/fb0`

How you then convert that to something else, no idea.

	-Darran
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Darran D. Rimron wrote:
> [...]

Try something like this :

cat /dev/fb0 | rawtoppm 1024 768 > screen.ppm

xv screen.ppm

There's also a rawtopgm if you have grayscale (or  psudeo color)

JIm

> 	-Darran

: > 	That's a great idea.  How can I get a screenshot of a
: > linux framebuffer system?
:
: `cat /dev/fb0 > /tmp/screen`
:
: you can display it by `cat /tmp/screen > /dev/fb0`
:

Hmm, I guess I need to write a /dev/fb0 -> gif and bmp converter huh?  I'll
work on that tonight.  We've *got* to have screenshots....

Greg
> Hmm, I guess I need to write a /dev/fb0 -> gif and bmp converter huh?  I'll
> work on that tonight.  We've *got* to have screenshots....

Don't worry. The convert utility in the imagemagic package (at least in
debian/slink) can convert about few dozen format. Including ppm, and from
raw RGB.

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan           ####@####.####          http://jht.gau.hu/~lajbi
 GATE Jarmu- es Hotechnika Tanszek                        http://jht.gau.hu