nanogui: Thread: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???
From: Yuval Yosef ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 1999 19:48:52 -0000

Hello there,

I'm new to this new group so hello again.

Visual C++ is my primary IDE.
I saw the nanox_3.exe.

I would like to contribute to NanoGui, developing on VC++
and testing one linux.

Does any one already tried to port the makefiles in
order to support VC++ .

thanks,

	Yuval
Subject: RE: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 1999 16:49:53 -0000

:
: Does any one already tried to port the makefiles in
: order to support VC++ .
:
	I wasn't aware that VC++ still creates MSDOS executables.
I have prepared the MSDOS version of nanox and microwindows, and the
mcmwin.mak and mcnanox.mak are the makefiles for MSC v5.10.  There
is a bit of MASM 5.10 as well.

	You're welcome to take the latest source and create a VC project
for nanox and microwindows.  The latest source is at
	ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows

Let me know if you've got questions.  I'm an occaisonal VC user and quite familiar with
the Windows development environment.  I still don't quite get what VC is
going to compile and link to, however.

Greg
> : I would like to contribute to NanoGui, developing on VC++
> : and testing one linux.
> :
> : Does any one already tried to port the makefiles in
> : order to support VC++ .
> :
> I wasn't aware that VC++ still creates MSDOS executables.
> I have prepared the MSDOS version of nanox and microwindows, and the
> mcmwin.mak and mcnanox.mak are the makefiles for MSC v5.10.  There
> is a bit of MASM 5.10 as well.
>
> You're welcome to take the latest source and create a VC project
> for nanox and microwindows.  The latest source is at
> ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows
>
> Let me know if you've got questions.  I'm an occaisonal VC user and quite
familiar with
> the Windows development environment.  I still don't quite get what VC is
> going to compile and link to, however.

I think that VC 1.52 was the last one that could do 16-bit.

Regards,
Brad