nanogui: Thread: Testing the 4 planes Vga Driver - Bare hardware

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: Testing the 4 planes Vga Driver - Bare hardware
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 7 Oct 1999 19:27:54 -0000

On Thursday, October 07, 1999 12:24 PM, Rosimildo daSilva ####@####.#### wrote:
: Greg Haerr wrote:
:  > The vgainit.c code has no bearing on the display speeds.
:  > The asm version isn't that much faster.
:  > BTW, you can just link in asmplan4.s instead of vgaplan4.c
:
: I'll try this.
:
:  >
:  > What system are you running?  Whats the clock speed and vga card?
:  >
:
: I am running on a Pentium 166Mhz. The Video Card is S3 - Trio64.

	I have written several different window move algorithms.  The
default is to compete with modern "watch the window move while I move the mouse"
systems.  Set the Makefile XORMOVE=1 and unset UPDATEREGIONS and
ERASEMOVE, and it'll just draw an XOR frame, and be _much_ faster.