nanogui: Thread: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: Microwindows plans

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: Microwindows plans
From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Oct 1999 13:44:54 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
To: Thomas Stewart ####@####.####
Cc: ####@####.#### ####@####.####
####@####.####
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 8:10 AM
Subject: [linuxce-devel] Re: Microwindows plans

> On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Thomas Stewart wrote:
> > Has the license been sorted yet?
>
> Yes. It's MPL with a convert-to-GPL option (apart from David's original
> code, which is PD).

I was preferring dual MPL/GPL myself.  How is a convertable one better than
a dual one?

Regards,
Brad

From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Oct 1999 01:26:45 -0000

> On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Thomas Stewart wrote:
> > Has the license been sorted yet?
>
> Yes. It's MPL with a convert-to-GPL option (apart from David's original
> code, which is PD).

Looks like Ben's BOGL code is GPLed.  In order to use that our project will
need a GPL license, so I think that means dual MPL/GPL instead of
convertible.  Comments?

Regards,
Brad

: need a GPL license, so I think that means dual MPL/GPL instead of
: convertible.

What's the difference between dual and convertible?