nanogui: Thread: Windows in Windows - debate

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Windows in Windows - debate
From: "Darran D. Rimron" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 20:34:26 -0000

I was planning on doing a DirectDraw "window" of 640x480 (and maybe
320x240) and not letting it be resized but permitting it to switch to
"Full Screen" with a ResChange because the application I plan on running
will be for a simple embedded system and will only run at 640x480
anyway. I understand that this won't be as adaptive as a multimode
driver for resolutions but I have, at this stage, to develop to my needs
because of time constraints (first public beta by 20000101). And yes, I
am viewing this from a very selfish attitude at the moment, sorry all,
but when I can get some of my other developers writing (or porting some
of our pre-written DOS) applications (via Nano) to win32 using "real c"
(i.e. not MFC) I can possibly donate more developers for user space code
as apposed to the two I can only offer for graphics-kernel code at the
moment. sorry again.

	-Darran
--
 Darran D. Rimron            European Research & Development Manager
Real Data Services, 117-119 Marlborough Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 8AR