nanogui: Thread: Big Endian vs. Little Endian

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Big Endian vs. Little Endian
From: Jim Buzbee ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 1999 17:19:23 -0000

Will the architecture of nano gui allow for the case where the host system and
the memory of the graphic device are of different endianess (sp) ?

I'm fighting this case now with XF86_FBDev.  My Little Endian x86 machine is
using a graphic device that can only view its memory as Big Endian.  My Frame
Buffer driver handles this easily, but trying to get X11 to recognize this
weird arrangement is a _real_ pain.

Jim