nanogui: Thread: Driver for small LCD/Keyboard.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Driver for small LCD/Keyboard.
From: ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 1999 13:42:08 -0000

Hi.

I always wanted to write Linux drivers for my mp3 player interface.
(http://ximp.iscaool.net).

Then I saw the nanogui project.

Is ist possible to write nanogui drivers for this device ?

cu
    Erik
From: ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 1999 13:57:20 -0000

Subject: Re: Driver for small LCD/Keyboard.
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 1999 16:24:26 -0000

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 ####@####.#### wrote:
> I always wanted to write Linux drivers for my mp3 player interface.

That's pretty cool. Have you seen LCDProc? Might be useful for the low
level parts of talking to serial and parallel interface LCDs under
Linux... To answer your question, I don't see any reason why you couldn't
port NanoGUI to work with such a device, probably much easier than you
could port X to it.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :