nanogui: Thread: Re: Whoops - RETRACTION of last message

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: Whoops - RETRACTION of last message
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 5 Nov 1999 04:54:21 -0000

:What I need is transparent text-writing.
: tried with GC_MODE_OR  ( well, OR at least, I am not in the
: office now and got no documentation here ).
: This didn't work though.
: It wouldn't done the job either, since it would most likely change the
: color of the text.
:  I made this just before I left the office so I haven't tried -really- hard
: on getting text to be written transparent.
:
	When you draw text, the background fillrect is drawn if
GrSetGCUseBackground is TRUE.  Otherwise, only the text
is drawn, and not the background.  Let me know if this
doesn't seem to work.

:
: >         Yes, I wrote a library that does all that.  Let me know what specific
: > needs you have for microwindows.  I suggest that you fill out the IMAGEHDR
: > structure to get the images going.
:
: Hmmm...  Right now I only use the nano-x api.  Not the microwindows one.
: Do this mean trouble ?
:
	Nope.  I just haven't added the color GrDrawImage() routine for the
Nano-X api.  I'll add it this weekend, I've finished it in Microwindows API.

:
: > I will also write a GetPalette this weekend.  It will return RGB values for each
: > palette index.
:
: Sweetness! =)
: Quite excited on implementing the changes when they arrive.  Would love to
: send you a screenshot, but I ain't really sure how to grab it, never used linux
: very much like that.
:  Could GrReadArea() and save it to disk =)

No, I've got screenshots implemented by uncommenting out an #if 0 in
devdraw.c's GdCloseScreen routine.  If changed to #if 1, microwindows
will write a file called "file" when you hit ESC and exit, and then the
bmp/makebmp program "makebmp file file.bmp" will create a .bmp file
from the file "file."  Do that and send me the .bmp, I'll convert it to .gif
and post it.  I'd love to see it!