nanogui: Thread: resolution and color depth?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: resolution and color depth?
From: "Kyle Harris" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 1999 18:53:51 -0000

Hello,

I am just now starting on an embedded linux project that needs to drive a
video with 1024x768 resolution and a minimum color depth of 16 bpp. I've
poke around a little with the nanoGUI and have a few questions.

1) Does nanoGUI support a resolution greater than 640x480?

2) It appears that 16 bpp is supported as long as the correct fb device is
used. Is this correct?

3) Is there currently support for processing jpeg files? I assume there is
since Greg's latest message describes the web browser. Where would these
utilities be found?

4) I'm a little concerned with speed. The application is fairly simple, but
does need to drive full screen video. The last version of nanogui I used did
not have bitblit. I would think that drawing is much faster with this
enhancement.

I'm more than willing to help code, test, etc. on any part of the project
where I can help. I have many years of C and Unix experience, but lack
knowledge of how computer graphics work. So, I just need a little direction
to start with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kyle Harris