nanogui: Thread: why asserts are failing

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: why asserts are failing
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Dec 1999 03:59:27 -0000

:  assert ( "drivers/vgaplan4.c", line=173,
:            msg=0x129403 "y2 >= 0 && y2 < psd->yres")

Rosimildo -
    The reason that asserts aren't working is because
the vga driver has only been tested on the ELKS system,
which lacks an assert() macro.  Thus, the assert()'s have
never been compiled in.... ;-)

I've never been able to get my system running vga16 framebuffer,
so I can't test the damn driver without running ELKS.

Greg

 > :  assert ( "drivers/vgaplan4.c", line=173,
 > :            msg=0x129403 "y2 >= 0 && y2 < psd->yres")
 >
 > Rosimildo -
 >     The reason that asserts aren't working is because
 > the vga driver has only been tested on the ELKS system,
 > which lacks an assert() macro.  Thus, the assert()'s have
 > never been compiled in.... ;-)
 >
 > I've never been able to get my system running vga16 framebuffer,
 > so I can't test the damn driver without running ELKS.

Greg,

Thanks for your help. Now we have RTEMS with remote GDB
and asserts. So, I think we are covered. :-).

I still working out some issues with RTEMS, and hopefully
have a patch pretty soon.
BTW, I am using the cut that you merged. There were very
few changes to get it compiling.

So far I have merged the "screen" driver for RTEMS with the
BIOS based one. I'll leave the module called src_bios.c
and later we might want to rename it to scr_hwvga.c as
you suggested perviously.

Rosimildo.

Birthday? Anniversary? Send FREE animated greeting
cards for any occasion at http://greetings.xoom.com