nanogui: Thread: assertion failed bug fixed in Microwindows

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: assertion failed bug fixed in Microwindows
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Dec 1999 22:14:03 -0000

: microwin demo runs ok, but suddenly aborts with a message:
:   drivers/fblin16.c:51: failed assertion `x >= 0 && x < psd->xres'
: when I place the mouse on the west side of the window.

Piotr,
    I have found the cause of the assertion failed message
sometimes when moving the cursor under X11.  It is quite
complicated, but a lengthy explanation has been included
under devdraw.c:GdBlit().  Basically, in strange circumstances
the clipping rectangles were set such that when a bitblit was
required, such as when the mouse was moved on a portion
of the window, the 3d demo executed bitblit which resulted
in a negative blit index occuring, which resulted in readpixel
x < 0 assertion firing... This only occured when the entire
client area was obscured.

Anyway, it's fixed now.  Thanks for your help in solving
this problem.  I have also included your patches for the
SOLARIS port, somewhat modified, in the master Makefile.