nanogui: Thread: rom fonts

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: rom fonts
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Dec 1999 04:24:04 -0000

Since the rom character set is
: in the bios, and you're using the hardware only (cool), then
: there may need to be one other define to include the genfonts
: stuff rather than romfonts.  Or perhaps you can split that
: stuff out of the scr_bios.c file and have the font stuff in two
: other files, one for bios and one for genfonts.

I just checked the scr_bios source, and I think the best
method would be to use HWINIT to specify whether
the init uses bios, like it does now, and have another
define, ROMFONT, which tells whether or not
to include the romfonts stuff.

So, if ROMFONT is not defined, then the pcrom_xxx
driver entry points would get replaced with gen_xxx
routines.  In addition, the pcrom_init function wouldn't
be called.  That should do it.