nanogui: Thread: pre4 makefile problems with Linux svga

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: pre4 makefile problems with Linux svga
From: Chris Johns ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jan 2000 05:33:04 -0000

Hi all,

Further to the already posted makefile problems with pre4 it seems other
problems exist in the drivers directory.

The conditionals :

 ifeq ($(PORTRAIT_MODE), Y)
 OBJS += scr_fbportrait.o
 else
 OBJS += scr_fb.o
 endif

 ifeq ($(SA1100_LCD_LTLEND), Y)
 OBJS += fblin4sa1100.o
 else
 OBJS += fblin4.o
 endif

cause a trail into the frame buffer code to start. This stop the sgva
code from working. In a svga case only :

 ifeq ($(VGALIB), Y)
 OBJS += scr_svga.o genfont.o
 endif

is required. In the case of SVGA the `else' parts are wrong. Maybe they
should become :

 ifdef PORTRAIT_MODE
 ifeq ($(PORTRAIT_MODE), Y)
 OBJS += scr_fbportrait.o
 else
 OBJS += scr_fb.o
 endif
 endif

 ifdef SA1100_LCD_LTLEND
 ifeq ($(SA1100_LCD_LTLEND), Y)
 OBJS += fblin4sa1100.o
 else
 OBJS += fblin4.o
 endif
 endif

I have commented out the `PORTRAIT_MODE' and `SA1100_LCD_LTLEND' in my
config file. This change effects the `configure' program.

Regards

--
 Chris Johns, ####@####.####
: Further to the already posted makefile problems with pre4 it seems other
: problems exist in the drivers directory.
:

Thanks.  I'll look at your suggestions and test the SVGA driver.  I
didn't do it before pre4 so I'm not too surprised.

:
: I have commented out the `PORTRAIT_MODE' and `SA1100_LCD_LTLEND' in my
: config file. This change effects the `configure' program.

I was hoping Martin was going to look at the configure program, which
he wrote; I haven't had time to play with it.  I stuck it into pre4 without
testing.

> : Further to the already posted makefile problems with pre4 it seems other
> : problems exist in the drivers directory.
> :
>
> Thanks.  I'll look at your suggestions and test the SVGA driver.  I
> didn't do it before pre4 so I'm not too surprised.

You might like to add this to the list of fixes :

 ifeq ($(FBVGA), Y)
 OBJS += vgaplan4.o mempl4.o
 endif

Should this also contain ?

 ifeq ($(FBVGA), Y)
 CFLAGS += -DFBVGA
 OBJS += vgaplan4.o mempl4.o
 endif

> :
> : I have commented out the `PORTRAIT_MODE' and `SA1100_LCD_LTLEND' in my
> : config file. This change effects the `configure' program.
>
> I was hoping Martin was going to look at the configure program, which
> he wrote; I haven't had time to play with it.  I stuck it into pre4 without
> testing.

I ran it and it looks great. I was meaning, removing the defines as I
suggested might not currently be in the configure program and would have
to be added.

--
 Chris Johns, ####@####.####
> I was hoping Martin was going to look at the configure program, which
> he wrote; I haven't had time to play with it.  I stuck it into pre4 without
> testing.

I didn't had time to look at the changes Greg did to the makefile system. I'll
start right now and I'll fix the xconfig stuff right away ...

Martin Jolicoeur
GVT Project