nanogui: Thread: building Microwindows on SuSE 5.3

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: building Microwindows on SuSE 5.3
From: Simon Wood ####@####.####
Date: 22 Feb 2000 11:10:13 -0000

Please excuse me if this is a Really Dumb Question....

I'm having difficulty building Microwindows 0.87 on SuSE 5.3. I've changed
the 'config' file and tried running 'configure'.
This falls over immediately with file not found which I believe is due to
'#!/usr/bin/wish -f' at the head of 'configure'.

What is 'wish' and where can I get it?? (not listed on linuxapps and no
mention of requirements in the README or INSTALL).

I note that this has changed since the 0.pre87 stuff - so I guess It's
allowable for the documentation may a little out of date :-)

Simon Wood

Hardware Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc
Victoria Road, Saltaire, Shipley
West Yorkshire, BD18 3LF
Tel : +44(0)1274 532000  Fax: +44(0)1274 532029

This E-Mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee
please notify the sender by return and delete the message. You must not
disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or attachments to any third party
without the prior consent of the sender.

First, you don't need to run configure to build microwindows, just editing
the config file will do the job.

Configure is a GUI front-end to edit the properties in the config file. It is
written in Tk (Wish is the interpreter of Tk) which is part of the Tcl/Tk
language. You can find this package at:
http://dev.scriptics.com/software/tcltk/
Surprising that this package is not included in a linux distro .... :-(

Martin Jolicoeur
GVT PRoject
####@####.####

:
:I'm having difficulty building Microwindows 0.87 on SuSE 5.3.
:I've changed
:the 'config' file and tried running 'configure'.
:This falls over immediately with file not found which I
:believe is due to
:'#!/usr/bin/wish -f' at the head of 'configure'.
:

I don't know where wish is.  I wish I knew.

:What is 'wish' and where can I get it?? (not listed on linuxapps and no
:mention of requirements in the README or INSTALL).

You don't need ./configure to setup Microwindows.  Just edit
the config file manually, then type "make clean cleandepend; make"

The INSTALL docs try to explain what's what in the config
file.  ./configure is only used for an X11 based configure.

:
:I note that this has changed since the 0.pre87 stuff - so I guess It's
:allowable for the documentation may a little out of date :-)

I'll take a look at it and add some help

::