nanogui: Thread: Driver for Trident TGUI9680XGi -- where ??

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Driver for Trident TGUI9680XGi -- where ??
From: Rosimildo daSilva ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2000 03:48:14 -0000

Hi,

I just checked the video card of the machine that I use to test
RTEMS stuff. It has the following video card:

Chipset: Trident TGUI9680XGi,  Bios Version: X5.5
Refresh rate:  70Hz Memory: 32bits, 1Meg
DRAM Clock: 65.45MHz, Pixel Clock: 28.322MHz

I'd like at some point to write the "micro framebuffer" interface
for this video card. I am wondering where I could find source code
for a video driver for this card.

Maybe someone could point me to some URL.

Rosimildo.

Birthday? Anniversary? Send FREE animated greeting
cards for any occasion at http://greetings.xoom.com

> Chipset: Trident TGUI9680XGi,  Bios Version: X5.5
> Refresh rate:  70Hz Memory: 32bits, 1Meg
> DRAM Clock: 65.45MHz, Pixel Clock: 28.322MHz
>
> I'd like at some point to write the "micro framebuffer" interface
> for this video card. I am wondering where I could find source code
> for a video driver for this card.

In XFree86 - www.xfree86.org

For an embedded PC if you can force the display modes first you can probably
avoid everything but bank switching by making VESA 1.2 bios calls before
you put the CPU into useful mode. For other machines you end up needing to
performn the initialisation sequence for the board, which I am not sure is
in any public handy documentation.

Alan

: Chipset: Trident TGUI9680XGi,  Bios Version: X5.5
: Refresh rate:  70Hz Memory: 32bits, 1Meg
: DRAM Clock: 65.45MHz, Pixel Clock: 28.322MHz

Other than Alan's suggestion to look at the X sources, I would
also suggest that you check Allegro and GRX sources; both
have chip-level driver support.  In addition scitech.com has
some graphics routines with chip support.

 > : Chipset: Trident TGUI9680XGi,  Bios Version: X5.5
 > : Refresh rate:  70Hz Memory: 32bits, 1Meg
 > : DRAM Clock: 65.45MHz, Pixel Clock: 28.322MHz
 >
 > Other than Alan's suggestion to look at the X sources, I would
 > also suggest that you check Allegro and GRX sources; both
 > have chip-level driver support.  In addition scitech.com has
 > some graphics routines with chip support.

Thanks for the points. God !, X is ~ 40+ Megs of download.
I need to be serious to download this stuff. I presume it'll
take a lot of time just to find what I am looking for. :-).

Rosimildo.

Thanks,
Rosimildo