nanogui: Thread: Yet another microwindows...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Yet another microwindows...
From: Erik Andersen ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2000 17:24:49 -0000

I just came across this

    http://ymwei.home.chinaren.net/

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  ####@####.####
Subject: Re: Yet another microwindows...
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2000 17:46:55 -0000

:     http://ymwei.home.chinaren.net/

Yes, this is the MiniGUI project.  I took the project
some months ago and ported the entire project to
Microwindows framebuffer.  It's currently based on
SVGAlib.  In the meantime, Mr WEI changed jobs
and hasn't had time to release the framebuffer
version that will be based on Microwindows.

The MiniGUI package is interesting, it uses
pthreads and is more concerned with upper level
widgets than lower level clipping and color models.
The current MiniGUI has serious problems running
on anything other than 8bpp, but that will go away
once they start using the Microwindows engine.

Mr WEI and I have become friends, though,
and I'm using his contributed Minesweeper program
slightly rewritten in the next Microwindows release...