nanogui: Thread: What a biiiiig libc!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: What a biiiiig libc!
From: ####@####.####
Date: 18 Apr 2000 09:39:33 -0000

Hi all,
  I think microwindows is small enough, but my libc.so.6v(2.2.12) is so big! 5M! So, how can I down-size it?
  BTW, what kind of your Linux? Mine is Turbo Linux 6.0(Chinese version), run on 16 color vga mode. My X server can run on true color mode. Why?
  Good luck!
Guo.
On Tue Apr 18, 2000 at 03:02:54PM +0800, ???? wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I think microwindows is small enough, but my libc.so.6v(2.2.12) is so big! 5M! So, how can I down-size it?
>   BTW, what kind of your Linux? Mine is Turbo Linux 6.0(Chinese version), run on 16 color vga mode. My X server can run on true color mode. Why?
>   Good luck!
> Guo.

Check out either compiling with older versions of libc (GNU
libc 2.0.7 or libc5), or use newlib http://sourceware.cygnus.com/newlib/
which is an embedded libc,

 -Erik

--