nanogui: Thread: Microwindows now actually useful for LinuxCE devices

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Microwindows now actually useful for LinuxCE devices
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Apr 2000 03:46:09 -0000

I'm releasing another version of Microwindows 0.88pre7, which is
mostly bug fixes, but also now includes something that
will make those LinuxCE machines actually useful,
since they lack keyboards and we don't have grafiti
running yet.  Yes - a game: Minesweeper.  It can be
configured to run in any size and will be useful to carry
around LinuxCE machines to entertain others ;-)  I'll create
a kernel/ramdisk image for my MIPS based freestyle
shortly.

A screenshot of Minesweeper is available here:

ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/ScreenShots/Microwindows-minesweeper.gif

The 0.88pre7 release is available here:

ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.88pre7.tar.gz

In addition, support for Embedded Planet's cool PowerPC based
platform with a 640x480x256 LCD screen has been added.  A
GrSetSystemPalette call has been added for George who's created
a Nano-X based VNC client.  Also, all the printf/fprintf/perror
stuff has been cleaned up and replaced by a single EPRINTF
definition to allow systems to cut out or redirect error messages and not
drag in printf, if desired.

Following is the ChangeLog:
Version 0.88pre7 - 15th April 2000 - ####@####.####
 * added LINUX-POWERPC port for embedded planet linux box
 * fixed Polygon routine fill/draw reversed, AdjustWindowRectEx
 * fixed no root window paint without background bitmap
 * added bitmaps to minesweeper, polished up
 * added middle button handling for mwin
 * added GrSetSystemPalette
 * added user-replaceable GdError, removed all fprintf/printf's
 * added EPRINTF for all error printfs, DPRINTF for debug printfs
 * removed HAVE_PERROR config option
 * changed memmove to memcpy

Have fun!