nanogui: Thread: Keyboard, MSDOS/others help me help you

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Keyboard, MSDOS/others help me help you
From: ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2000 18:01:14 -0000

Microwinders/NanoGUIers...,

I've put together another patch and submitted it to Greg.  This one
includes the GetAsyncKeyState, and GetKeyState, as well as an updated
version of the keyboard handlers I sent in a few weeks ago.  Basically
it tracks modifiers, changes lights on the keyboard, and other cool
stuff.  I also hacked all the other keyboard handlers so they should at
the least "work".  I also fixed a bug I had with NanoGUI... now all
works correctly.  The only other thing to do is add is the sending of
the right message.  Currently only WMCHAR messages are handled in
Microwindows (though all types are handled in Nano), this is because I
really don't know the "correct" types to seperate out.  i.e. I don't
know which keys should produce the various message types.  If someone
could forward me this information I'd be more than happy to
incorporate that in my patch.  Or Greg can do it...?  I don't know.

Anyway..., I kept up with allowing NanoGUI full access to this
information.  It has full access to what is termed as VK_ assigns.
These are not exactly like Win32 VK's..., so I'm thinking that
changing them to NX_, or MW_ with a lookup table to switch it to
"orthodox" VK_ assigns would make sense.  This patch is against the
most recent release of Microwindows, so it should be able to be
incorporated without any problems.  It doesn't even break the demos
:-).

I've also got a matching version of FLTK, but it uses my funny little
keboard event notation, so it's pretty much useless.  Once we get the
microwin keyboard support up to snuff I'll make FLTK work with that,
and I'll release my version of it.  After that I'm going to focus on
getting it to draw correctly in all cases.

Thanks,
Shane.
(BTW: MSDOS/Other platform besides linux people.  I need you guys to
test this patch.  I also need you guys to send me a keydump so I can
configure everything just right.  Basically I need to know what
microwindows reads in for every key press on your keyboard.  Most of
the other OSes handle via BIOS stuff, so I guess I need your
scancodes.  Once I get those I'll be able to write the code to fully
support that particular OS.  I should note that you should be able to
use the Keyboard handling just like before, but it's not going to be
full support, nor will it be consistent until we get that part hacked
out.  So if you want to test it, drop me an email and I'll forward you
the patch.)