nanogui: Thread: Some questions about nano-gui?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Some questions about nano-gui?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2000 01:52:05 -0000

Hi all,
  I'm beginer of nano-gui, some questions about it I want to know. 1> How many people are there in our mail list? 2> Since I'm Chinese, I'm interest in i18n. Can Nano-X support Asia character-set include input and out put? If not, How can I do it? Maybe Asian in our mail-list are interest it.

Best regards,
Guo.
:   I'm beginer of nano-gui, some questions about it I want to know. 1> How many
people are there in our mail list? 2> Since I'm Chinese, I'm interest in i18n.
Can Nano-X support Asia character-set include input and out put? If not, How can
I do it? Maybe Asian in our mail-list are interest it.

I'd be very interested in seeing Chinese support through our new
unicode-based truetype fonts, using freetype.

Most folks agree that UTF-8 encoding for 16 bit unicode is
the way to go.  Check out microwin/src/engine/devfont.c
for the specific implementation of our ascii/utf8/ucs2 translation
routines.

> How many people are there in our mail list?

257

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :

>   I'm beginer of nano-gui, some questions about it I want to know. 1> How many people are there in our mail list? 2> Since I'm Chinese, I'm interest in i18n. Can Nano-X support Asia character-set include input and out put? If not, How can I do it? Maybe Asian in our mail-list are interest it.
>
> Best regards,
> Guo.

For your information, I've been able to display japanese with the truetype font support using the msmincho.ttf from microsoft and the utf-8 support ...

Regards,

Martin Jolicoeur
GVT Project